The Academy of the Holy Cross
The Academy of the Holy Cross is a private, all-female college preparation school. It has been in its current location for 54 years, but the school was founded in 1868. With activities ranging from equestrian teams and field hockey to basketball and crew, the students have many opportunities to compete in a variety of sports. Tuition for the 2010 - 2011 school year is estimated at $16,800, which does not include the cost of books or uniforms.
- Fax: 301-929-6440
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1868
- Number of students: 555
- Male-to-female ratio: All female
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Accreditation/licenses: Middle States Association of Colleges & Secondary Schools, Maryland State Department of Education
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 56
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students participate in service activities as part of their curriculum.
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: Yes
- Student clubs: Cecillians (singing group), Politics Clubs, Step Team, Harry Potter Club, etc.