The Prevention of Blindness Antique Shop is located on Antique Row. The shop raises money for prevention for macular degeneration under the Prevention of Blindness Society of Metropolitan Washington. Donations are accepted and are tax deductible.
When walking into the well-filled, house-like building, visitors are greeted by manager Barbara Galitzin or volunteers. The antique shop offers furniture from the 1700s - 1960s (and sometimes newer); clothing including shirts, slacks and scarves; photographs; artwork and old postcards; porcelain China and glasses; books and other collectibles.
In addition to selling items, the shop also accepts glasses and frames to recycle. Last year the Prevention of Blindness Antique Shop collected 30,000 pairs.
- Hours: Mon, 10:30am - 3pm; Tues - Sun, 10:30am - 5pm.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Candle holders, China, glasses, clocks, books, clothing, buttons, artwork, post cards
- Return policy: No returns.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Antiques specialties: Furniture from the 1700s - 1960s
- Multi-dealer store: No
- Type: Health and Disability