Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses
Every Sunday witnesses gather at the Kingdom Hall for a public discourse followed by Watch Tower readings and studies. Witnesses hold weekly meetings where several elders or guests stand up and read The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures and then talk about the readings and help witnesss apply them to every day life. It's not so much considered preaching as teaching. Witnesses practice bible study and travel to homes in the community to talk about scriptures.
Upon entering the Kingdom Hall in Kensington, visitors, whether or not they are members, are greeted and welcomed by Witnesses. Guests can take a seat in the meeting place, which is decorated with scripture quotes on the wall. Witnesses bring their own bibles and song books to follow along with the discourses.
Four congregations meet at this location, including French and Spanish congregations and the central Kensington and Rock Creek Park congregations.
- Hours: Bible Study: Tues, 7:30pm (Central Kensington); Wed, 7:30pm (Spanish); Thurs, 7:30pm (Rock Creek Park); Fri, 7:30pm (French). Public Talks: Sun, 9:30am (French); 12:15pm (Spanish); 3pm (Central Kensington); 5:30pm (Rock Creek).
- Handicap Accessible: There is handicapped parking and ramps.
- What makes this community special?: Members are warm and welcoming to all.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Jehovah's Witnesses
- Services: Study groups
- Recreational facilities: No