A theft from a vehicle in the 11200 block of Midvale Road in Kensington July 18 was captured by a homeowner's security camera, according to a Montgomery County police media release.
At approximately 5 a.m., a man entered an unlocked vehicle parked in the home's driveway and quickly removed property, police said. The video shows that two suspects walked by the house but only one suspect approached the vehicle.
Police ask that residents take the following precautions to avoid theft of property from their vehicles.
- Always lock your vehicle and roll up all windows.
- Remove valuables from your vehicle.
- If valuables must be stored in the vehicle, remove them from plain sight.
- If possible, park in well-lit and populated areas.
- Install an alarm system.
- Don’t leave spare keys in your vehicle.
Police report that the common items stolen from vehicles include laptop computers, portable DVD players, cellular phones, money and credit cards, and Global Positioning Systems.
Anyone who has information about this theft or suspects involved is asked to call the Montgomery County Police 4th District Petty Crimes Unit at 240-773-5500.