A man arrested Saturday for allegedly robbing an adult store on Rockville Pike at gunpoint faces charges in six other armed robberies after police say he confessed to a string of incidents in Gaithersburg, Germantown, Kensington and Rockville dating to Jan. 11.
Ramon Michael Gunn, 25, of the 11400 block of Rockville Pike, in North Bethesda, was under police surveillance on Saturday night when he allegedly robbed Night Dreams at around 10:45 p.m. Gunn brandished what appeared to be a handgun and demanded cash, according to Montgomery County police. Gunn was arrested as he walked back to his car, where police said they found cash, a black pellet gun and a black mask.
In a news release on Wednesday, police said Gunn confessed to the following armed robberies during questioning:
- January 11: Subway, at 12601 Wisteria Drive, in Germantown.
- January 12: Domino’s Pizza, at 5268 Nicholson Lane, in Kensington.
- January 14: Subway, 5210 Nicholson Lane, in Kensington.
- January 18: O’Hair Salon & Spa, 424 Main Street, in Gaithersburg.
- January 30: Salon G, 316 Main Street, Gaithersburg
- January 31: Subway, 12601 Wisteria Drive, in Germantown.
- Saturday: Night Dreams, 11550(F) Rockville Pike, in Rockville.
Gunn faces 20 criminal charges, including seven counts of armed robbery and one count of fourth-degree sex assault in connection with the Salon G robbery, during which police say Gunn groped a female employee.
He is being held on $10,000 bond at the Montgomery County Detention Center.