Invite a friend
Celebrate the Crafts of Afghanistan and Support Afghan Literacy and Orphanages
Silent auction of beautiful crafts from Afghanistan, which are sold at low prices.
Delicious Afghan dinner
Talk by Nasrine Gross, Founder and Director of Kabultec,an organization that provides literacy classes for couples in Afghanistan and helps widows and orphans.
Talk by Lauryn Oates, a Canadian woman who is part of an organization that supports literacy classes in Afghanistan.
Please bring seeds of all kinds to give to widows in Afghanistan.
|Where||Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church 9601 Cedar Ln, Bethesda, MD 20814|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:00 pm–10:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Price||$50 per person|
More About Cedar Lane Unitarian Universalist Church
Unitarian Universalist Church is nestled on a thickly wooded lot along Cedar Lane, and the many glass panels incorporated in the church's design seem to invite in the surrounding nature. Like other Unitarian Universalist churches, Cedar Lane seeks to promote values including social justice, peace, reason and environmental stewardship. Founded in 1953, the church features a choir with about 50 members and a full-time music director, religious education for youth and adults, and a popular farmer's market in the parking lot on Saturday mornings.
Other events here
- Fresh Air Narcotics Anonymous Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm
- Older Toddlers Narcotics Anonymous Weekly on Fridays, 7:00 pm
- Get Down Narcotics Anonymous Weekly on Fridays, 8:30 pm
- Sunday Service Weekly on Sundays, 9:00 am
- Cedar Lane Universalist Church Sunday Forum Weekly on Sundays, 10:10 am–10:55 am
- Sunday Service Weekly on Sundays, 11:00 am