Starr Releases Transition Report
After months of studying the system, Starr's team identified MCPS's strengths and weaknesses.
Superintendent Joshua Starr released his transition report Monday, the culmination of a summer-long look at Montgomery County Public Schools' strengths and weaknesses.
The report identifies five key areas for development and offers recommendations for how MCPS can improve within each. The areas are:
- Differentiation within and among schools, classrooms, and students
- Communications and relationships with stakeholders
- Implementation of vision, mission, and policies in practice
- Design and delivery of professional development initiatives; and
- Issues of race and equity
You can download the full report here on Patch, and you can also hear Starr's take on his transition plan at MCPS's website.